- When and how can students sign up for DFYIT?
- DFYIT members get drug tested, right?
- Who knows the results of the drug testing?
- What if I take prescription medications?
- What if I’m in other clubs?
- Can community service hours from other clubs count towards DFYIT community service?
- Can parents come to a meeting/assembly?
- How can I get another DFYIT shirt?
- Can parents/family members volunteer/attend social events with the members?
- If I was a member last year, or a couple years ago, do I have to re-register?
- If I was a member in junior high do I have to complete another membership form?
- Do you have to be a DFYIT member to attend the club meetings on campus?
- When is the next club meeting?
Students can voluntarily sign-up for DFYIT anytime throughout the year. Students can obtain a membership form from a club meeting or the school’s DFYIT advisor.
Yes, DFYIT members voluntarily agree to participate in random drug testing. Testing is done during club meetings using an oral cheek swab. DFYIT does NOT utilize urine or blood testing.
Drug testing is done using a third party agency and the results are held in strict confidence. DFYIT staff, members, and advisors do not have access to the results.
If a student tests positive, the third party agency will contact his/her parent/guardian and arrange for a secondary test to take place. If the positive test is confirmed, the third party will help the parent(s) and child locate the appropriate support resources.
Inform the drug test administrator of your prescriptions. If a medication causes you to test positive there is no negative stigma. It is well understood that so long as you are taking medications as directed by a doctor you are not abusing drugs. A secondary test may be conducted to clarify the results.
You can still be in DFYIT! Club meetings are only once a month and if you can’t make it to one that’s okay. Attend as many club meetings as you can. The more you come to the fun the meetings will be.
Contact the school’s advisor for a new shirt.
If you are at the same school as where you turned in the membership form, you don’t have to re-register.
Yes! If you would like to be in DFYIT in high school a High School Membership Form is required.
Non-members are more than welcome to attend a club meeting, social event, or community service event before committing to DFYIT.
Check the online calendar for the next club meeting!